The World According to Cara

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I ALMOST DIED!

well maybe that's a little exaggerated....

one quiet evening of last week i decided that a nice evening stroll was in order. Max, the crazy dog resident at my humble house in Huntly, looked keen so he joined me in this endeavour. off we go keeping to ourselves and calmly, or as calmly as Max can muster, walked along.

we didn't get too far before Max is telling all dogs on the block that he's the boss and making sure we all know it. there is a rather large red dog who didn't seem too keen on this idea on the corner. she was jumping up and down and barking for all she's worth. I'd seen her before and kept walking leaving her to it.

however, i hear something behind me and there she was, the red dog, much much bigger when she was that close, coming towards me rather fast. Max starts making noises like he's dieing, this dog was enthusiastic about being this close and jumping up and down and her face was right in front of mine!

as cleaver as i am i called out 'OWNER OF THE DOG!' this I'm not too proud of now but it was the first thing that came into my head. then i started praying 'God, HELP'. no one came. not a soul in sight and this dog was still too close for comfort nibbling on my elbow.
i did realise that i wasn't about to die at this point. the dog was still there but logic kicked in and it wasn't growling or biting. Max was though. he was making enough noise for all of us. i was trying to keep him quiet thinking the dog would eat him if he wasn't careful.

we proceed to continue about my walk seeing as i was half way and either was didn't matter. the dog was rather pleased at this and run around following me. i was not impressed.

we get to the corner near my house and the silly dog starts running laps around the house! how odd. around and around it goes. there are also dogs in this house and they start making noises like they're in excruciating pain. around and around it runs. strange.
i pounce on the opportunity and run home with Max, leave him in the back yard then head off to the dogs house.

with much relief i find the owner home, tell him in few words what happened and that the dog is now still running laps around the end house. to my surprise i watched him get in a car, drive down there, hang out the car window then drive back with the dog running along behind him!

the whole event was rather strange. i did resolve to never walk past that house again.
God did answer my prayer though. even though not in the way i thought was best with the dogs owner coming out and taking it away, i was much calmer after my cry of help and i didn't die!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home