The World According to Cara

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ugh, Centrelink

so the centrelink dramas continue.

at the start of the year i went 2 months without an income
then they cut me off, that was sorted out in about a week.
then they cut me off again for a few weeks and i got payments back. however, i got them back at less then half of what they were.

NOW i got a letter from them this week saying i OWE THEM money. $2,194.88 to be exact. not impressed. and it's cos they asked for an estimation at the start of the year to my parents income. how silly. i'm not impressed that i'm supposed to give them money because they paid me according to my parents income that really has nothing to do with me.

also, how can one give them back money when they're not even giving me enough to live on! grrr!

oh the centrelink dramas continue.

4 Comments:

  • Gah! What are you going to do? That's heaps...

    By Blogger Steff, at 11:32 PM  

  • I'd suggest being really persistant with them, perhaps go speak with a social worker

    By Blogger Achi Myachi, at 11:43 PM  

  • yes it is, i agree.

    yeah Sammy last time i saw a social worker it was good.

    perhap i'll do something like that again...

    i'm not as concerned about it all this time. i guess i'm become used to the whole thing...

    By Blogger Cara, at 6:51 PM  

  • Have you checked out Legal Aid's info on rights regarding Centrelink?

    By Blogger Christop, at 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home