The World According to Cara

Monday, April 02, 2007

hearing God not people

so, once again i experience people trying to talk for God.

i really don't like it.

people are telling me what i should, and should not be doing. telling me what God is saying with no real right to do so. i have discovered people who like to talk for God. hint, YOU'RE NOT GOD!

we as human beings do not know what God has in store, what his plans for our lives are and so should be quiet and not tell others what their future holds for them. leave it up to God.

when people like this talk for God discerning His voice can get confusing. God may be whispering something and others are yelling and screaming their opinions.

ok so that's my rant for now....

on a lighter note, isn't the future exciting! I'm so excited about the future and all the possibilities there are out there. what God has in store and what's happening now, and what can come from it. God has some great plans (not planes) for our lives.

it's so exciting!!!

anyone else excited about the future and well just life in general?

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, my future is exciting, but scary. Sometimes I look at what I'm doing now, look to where that leads, and think "is that it?"

    On hearing God and not people: it's important to remember that God can speak through people, however in your case it would take a lot of discernment to work out what GOD is saying, and then be obedient to that.

    There's a verse I want to put in here but I can't find it, so I'll just put this one here to encourage you:

    Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. - James 4:8

    By Blogger Achi Myachi, at 12:28 AM  

  • :)

    By Blogger Christop, at 12:48 AM  

  • hmmm

    By Blogger Geoffrey Johnstone, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home