The World According to Cara

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Helpless

often we view a state of being helpless as something that isn't good, isn't helpful and not something to aspire towards. in many cases i agree with this.

however, in prayer it's most helpful. when we come to God in prayer, we come helpless. we come to God surrendered, humbled in His presence, and needing Him. Helpless. this is not natural and not easy. a challenge.

when looking towards God, towards His sovereignty and power and greatness everything is put into perspective. I acknowledge me as being a small part of all He is and all He's doing. i know that I'm helpless without Him and am able to release the reigns into His control.

I'm helpless without Him.

2 Comments:

  • I agree completely. Great stuff!

    Sometimes people want to use it as an excuse though, and I wonder if God is up there at times going, "Dude, I already enabled you, why are you still sitting there?"

    By Blogger Steff, at 8:22 PM  

  • hehe you're so right Steff.

    so we need to have the right combination of prayer and action. and the right attitude in both of those. not just doing it our selves and for our selves but for and with God. this i sometimes find rather difficult.

    By Blogger Cara, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home