The World According to Cara

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

have u almost died?

lately i've heard a bit about death and dieing.... bit depressing i know. but i was also asked how many times i've almost died. i haven't blogged for a while and i'm interested to know how many of you have almost died before, and how many times.

at my most recent count i have almost died 3 times that's worthy of reporting.

1.) we were off on holidays with the family in summer. as you do on beautiful summers days you go swimming. we were on the murray river somewhere (i don't know where, when you're young you take no notice of such details).
my mum, brother jay, and i were all swimming and playing in the water happily. as we were walking back out of the water all three of us fell into a hole. jay found this fun and was jumping in and out of it. my mum was trying to make sure i was not drowning. and well, i was drowning. the hole sort of sucked the water into it and was pulling me under.
in the mean time my dad was swimming backwards and forwards out deeper having a lovely time untill he saw all of us drowning and came and saved us (or well me, cos i was the only one drowning).

2.) later that same beautiful sunny summers day when i was over the whole drowning thing jay and i went off exploring. we wondered along some rocks near the water and this cliff. a very cool cliff thing that we both decided would be a fun thing to climb up. it was nice and steep with some lovely rocks beneath it.
up went my brother, and i folllowed. towards the top i get tired. he's up looking around and i'm almost falling.... jay just reaches down and pulls me up. once again i survive a terrible ordeal.
i almost died twice in the same day. (i might not have died the second time but hey i would have been badly injurred on all those rocks, and it makes a good story).

3.) when we lived in Castlemaine we had this cool play equipment thing in our backyard that we had borrowed from the church for a while. my friend Katie and i were playing on this outside when it started to rain. we didn't mind, you don't when you're younger, it's just rain. so we're playing on it and sitting on the top having a lovely time.
all of a sudden both of us fell off backwards. lightning (or something) had come down and thrown us both off backwards. you can imagine that both of us got up, ran inside really quickly, and sat at the window looking out wondering what had happened....

have you ever almost died? how many times?

6 Comments:

  • I'm not sure how many times I've almost died.

    It'd have to be a few times, I know I've done enough stupid things to die at least once or twice.

    I'm not that aware of danger really. Still haven't decided whether thats a good thing or a bad thing ;-).

    By Blogger switch, at 8:38 PM  

  • I think the time when i was most in danger of dying would've been about six or seven years ago, when I was at the beach and this lady who couldn't swim went out into the water to try and save her two kids who'd been swept out into the sea. Me and a couple of other guys who were around went out to get three of them out of the water, and it ended up being quite difficult for us to get ourselves back out again too.

    By Blogger Christop, at 3:48 PM  

  • I have not nearly died. But it would be a cool story. I don't think i'm willing to experience the fear of death just for a good story.

    By Blogger Trav, at 2:35 AM  

  • I nearly died sorta, I don't know because I was too little but I had few febrile seizures when I was 2.
    I have almost been hit by a cars a few times.
    I passed out a few weeks ago but I don't think I was going to die from that.

    By Blogger Chuckster, at 3:48 AM  

  • I have been nowhere near death (unless you call that living) however I talked to someone today who nearly died from a massive heart attack, and it really freaked me out.

    By Blogger Miss C, at 12:52 AM  

  • chuck - why did you pass out???

    By Blogger Cara, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home