The World According to Cara

Saturday, November 25, 2006

what's the tiredest that you have ever been?

The tieredest that I’ve ever been was a while ago. I was in my first year of and and working at maccas 4 nights a week till late, like 1 in the morning as well. Most mornings I was also getting up early to get to uni or other commitments. On Thursdays I was up at 6 to get to an early lecture then working till 1. I did this all semester….

I was also out every night doing something. Sometimes it was bible study groups, church and other stuff as well as work. The mornings I wasn't up early for uni, I was up early for something else. I was very enthusiastic though so I kept doing it.

Staying up all night then early mornings for a whole semester is not the wisest thing to do. But then when it came to exam time and I was studying I literally fell asleep on a textbook. I was just closeing my eyes for a moment and woke up a while later.

I had sat myself on the ground so I wouldn’t be comfortable and so I would stay awake to study for an exam that I was stressed about, and I fell asleep. (I passed the class, but only just).

I learnt my lesson, I can't do everything... although I do try.

What’s the tieredest that you have ever been????

5 Comments:

  • hmmm tiredest?? tough one.
    the day before mission started this year i road back to ballarat to get some people and stopped twice to sleep on the side of the road.

    In september 05 i partied til 3. got up at 8, watched a grand final then dale and i went to dark zone in melbourne from 12am-6am. upon driving down there i stopped the car for a break and fell asleep for half hour. Dale just sat there claiming "it's better that you were sleeping on the side not the middle of the road"

    their have been others.

    By Blogger Trav, at 4:05 PM  

  • I was pretty tired last night - I actually wanted to go to bed (as opposed to feeling like I wanted to stay up). I think it's nearly time to wind down after a pedal-to-the-metal year. For someone who is physically not very fit, I think I must have incredible stamina to be able to keep going all year at this pace!

    I can totally relate to your experience, Cara! I got up most mornings at 6-6.30 with uni sometimes finishing at 5 or 6 pm. Add to that all the church stuff we like to get ourselves lumped into, and I was getting to bed at 10.30-11pm every night. Weekends weren't any quieter, either!

    And the line everyone always says? "I'll do it better next year..."

    By Blogger Miss C, at 7:25 PM  

  • Yes all that stuff we lump ourselves into....

    2 questions for busy Christians.

    1. Does our busyness set a good example to others. If those who you lead copied your life exactly would you correct them?
    2. ministry is about people if we're tiring ourselves out by it all, are we really ministering to people...or just performing?

    By Blogger Trav, at 10:11 PM  

  • You do have to be careful about what you sign up for. Too much, and you do lose your effectiveness, as you say. As for me, I am only involved in the things which are most important to me, and as of yet haven't slipped in the quality I put into each of them (including uni, surprisingly!) or had them detract from what is important in my life. (If that happens, it will be a clear sign to re-evaluate.) In fact, I don't think I've yet met a Christian who is truly "too busy" to the point were they discourage others and are ineffective... (Although I have met a fair few people who like to whine about how busy they are, myself unfortunately included. If they were truly that busy, they wouldn't have time to whine about it!)

    By Blogger Miss C, at 5:56 PM  

  • often things become just another thing that we're doing. there is no meaning behind it, we're not passionate about it and it's just done cos we have to. that's when you have to sit down and re-evaluate what we're doing. ask God and then finish the stuff that is unimportant and just do what God is asking you to.

    By Blogger Cara, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home