The World According to Cara

Saturday, November 18, 2006

INTROVERTS Vs EXTROVERTS

what are you introvert or extrovert????

the collins paperback dictionary and thesaurus (1994) says defines them as:

Introverts - person concerned more with his or her own thoughts, or feelings than with external reality

Extroverts - lively and outgoing; concerned more with external reality than with inner feelings.

extroverts generally get their energy from others and love being around people. they don't need as much space and don't mind making their thoughts known. introverts generally sit back and think more and don't speak up as much (although there is the odd introvert who don't mind making their opinions known). introverts need space and get their energy from spending time by themselves and need more reflection time.

do you agree?

which are you???

8 Comments:

  • I've always considered myself an introvert because I am a largely quiet and reserved person and I long for nothing more than time to myself! Yet, I rarely get time to myself, and since I haven't died of 'lack of recharge' by that definition would I have to be an extrovert?

    ... I hate putting people in boxes ;)

    By Blogger Miss C, at 9:46 PM  

  • I too consider myself to be an introvert. I mostly keep to myself and I like spending time by myself. There are certainly times where I don't mind making my opinions known, and I do sit back and think a lot.

    I've noticed this at parties and such, where everyone else is chatting, I'm [usually] sitting somewhere observing them, or just thinking about stuff.

    I'm with Steff here, I don't like putting people in boxes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:58 AM  

  • I love boxes!

    i'm also an extreme extrovert. The question is really what energizes you verses what drains you. People almost always energize's me. I don't hate time alone but it's not nearly as energizing as time with people

    By Blogger Trav, at 2:55 PM  

  • ok well im with Tim and Steff yeah i would be an introvert but at the same time occassionly i show characteristics of extroverts in that i spend more time with people then myself and yeah i dont like putting people in boxes

    By Blogger Craig, at 4:06 PM  

  • ah hah, not many like boxes. i usually don't like them cos i don't see that i fit into them, but in this case i do. i'm an extrovert!

    By Blogger Cara, at 7:31 PM  

  • Last time I did and introvert/extrovert test it said I was extrovert, but only just. I think if I did a test now it'd probably reckon I was more introvert, because I don't really need to be extrovert as much at the moment. But I'm still quite evenly balanced.

    By Blogger Christop, at 2:07 AM  

  • I'm hungry. Does that count?

    By Blogger Luke Webb, at 6:01 AM  

  • christop - yeah not many people i've met are balanced like that. i think which one that we are often depends on the situations that we are in, but perhaps the situations that we are in can depend which one we are...

    By Blogger Cara, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home